Here’s our list of things to do in Tucson with kids:
- Check out Reid Park Zoo which has tons of animals and lots of events for children
- Visit the Children’s Museum Tucson offers many exhibits for kids including a train, body, and pet section
- For older kids, visit the Titan Missile Museum
- The Pima Air & Space Museum is delightful and has hundreds of old airplanes on display
- The International Wildlife Museum has 400 species of insects, mammals and birds from around the globe
- Go hiking up Mt. Lemmon
- Check out Biosphere 2 north of Tucson
- Flandreau Science Center & Planetarium at the University of Arizona Campus
- The Kitt Peak National Observatory Visitor Center is open to the public daily and offers night time viewings
- If you’re looking for a drive and hike, check out Sabino Canyon
- The Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum is an outdoor park consisting of 21 acres of walking paths
- Head over to <a href="http://www navigate to these guys.tombstonechamber.com/”>Tombstone for some history and a public hanging!
- Kartchner Caverns is a sight to behold! It’s a ways south of Tucson, but worth the drive!
- Speaking of caves, you might enjoy Colossal Cave Mountain Park which has scenery and a cave tour
- Check out the annual Civil War reenactment at Picacho Peak State Park
- Take a cool hike on Mt. Graham (3 hours east of Tucson) which has an elevation of 10,724 ft
Check back soon, as we’re updating this list with new information frequently!
Photo credit: Bill Morrow