Things to Do in Phoenix With Kids
Here’s our list of things to do with toddlers, and children in Phoenix – written by a mother living in Scottsdale, AZ.
- The Children’s Museum of Phoenix is great fun (all ages, $11/person, under 1 free)
- The Phoenix Zoo is a great place to take the kids in Phoenix (free for kids under 2, and $10/children 3-12, $20/adults)
- Check out Jambo! The Indoor amusement park
- Encanto Park has an Enchanted Island Amusement Park with attractions geared towards 1-10 year olds
- Check local libraries for free music and story time classes
- Check your Barnes and Noble store for free children’s storytime classes (Friday and Saturday mornings)
- Take the kids to Imagination Avenue a 3,500 square foot indoor play activity center ($9/children ages 1-10, adults and under 1 free)
- Go swimming in one of the many public pools in Phoenix
- Enroll in a local Gymboree class to play and learn music, art and sports (all ages, 1st preview class is free)
- Arizona Science Museum (under 2 free, $11/children 3-17, $14/adults)
- Baby Gym class at Arizona Sunrays (free, ages 6-18 months)
- Open Gym at Arizona Sunrays ($5 cash/$8 credit, all ages)
- Hike to Hole In The Rock, an easy walk/hike with kids
- Most malls have a play area for kids (up to age 8), including PV Mall
- National Geographic’s Kids Club is hosted weekly at many malls in Arizona, and it’s free!
- Take the kids to The Little Gym (first class is free, up to age 12)
- See historic fire trucks at The Hall of Flame Fire Museum
- The Desert Botanical Gardens has kids events every Saturday and Sunday
- Music Together in Phoenix is an early childhood music program for infants, toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergarteners
- There’s a big play area at Desert Ridge’s “ultimate playground” The Play Factory ($9 for kids, free for adults)
- Castles ‘N Coasters is an old favorite the older kids would enjoy, with roller coasters and more
- Take the kids to Wet ‘N’ Wild Phoenix for a day of fun in the water!
- For older kids looking for fun, try go-karts at the K1 Race Factory
- Attend a PhxArtKids Days visit at The Phoenix Art Museum
- Check out Tot Town, which is a playgroup open to the community (bi-weekly during the school year, and twice a week during the summer)
- Hire The Traveling Storytime to visit your home and read stories to a group
- Family friendly bike rides in Phoenix
- Take the kids pony and horseback riding, or go on a wagon adventure!
- Visit the Idea Museum (formerly the Arizona Museum for Youth) (all ages, $7/person, under 1 free)
- Take your kids to Howie’s Game Shack for computer or XBox gaming!
- Check out the Arizona Museum of Natural History
- Take the kids to Amazing Jake’s Mesa for lots of indoor activities
- Visit the many valley Splashpads, some, like Scottsdale Quarter, Tempe Marketplace and Desert Ridge have shopping in the same complex
- Looking for a park? There are lots! Try Northsight Park in Scottsdale or this list of parks
- AZ Air Time (trampolines) has lots to do for kids of all ages
- Find a miniature golf place!
- Check out Pump It Up in Scottsdale
- Playtime Oasis (in Scottsdale)
- Take your family to Butterfly Wonderland in Scottsdale
- Sea Life Arizona is an indoor aquarium located at Arizona Mills Mall in Tempe ($8 to $20)
- Ride the train, merry-go-round, and more at McCormick-Stillman Railroad Park
- Learn about cardiovascular health at The Halle Heart Children’s Museum
- Take your newborn to 3-year old to Musicology and explore music and rhythm
- Makatu’s Island is a family fun center with a tropical theme and is one of Arizona’s largest indoor play places
- Desert Breeze Park has a train, carousel, play areas, and a lake with ducks… always popular!
- Visit the PlayGrounds Fun Zone and Cafe in Glendale, AZ
- Jubeelieve Indoor Playland in Avondale is perfect for kids ages 0 to 3
- Make cookies at The Cookie DoughJo