Things to Do in Phoenix With Kids
Here’s our list of things to do with toddlers, and kids in Phoenix – written by a mother living in Scottsdale, AZ.
- The Children’s Museum of Phoenix is great fun for all ages ($11/person, under 1 free)
- The Phoenix Zoo is a great place to take the kids in Phoenix (free for kids under 2, and $10/children 3-12, $20/adults)
- Check out Jambo! The Indoor amusement park
- Encanto Park has an Enchanted Island Amusement Park with attractions geared towards 1-10 year olds
- Check local libraries for free music and story time classes
- Check your Barnes and Noble store for free children’s storytime classes (Friday and Saturday mornings)
- Take the kids to Imagination Avenue a 3,500 square foot indoor play activity center ($9/children ages 1-10, adults and under 1 free)
- Go swimming in one of the many public pools in Phoenix
- Enroll in a local Gymboree class to play and learn music, art and sports (all ages, 1st preview class is free)
- Arizona Science Museum (under 2 free, $11/children 3-17, $14/adults)
- Baby Gym class at Arizona Sunrays (free, ages 6-18 months)
- Open Gym at Arizona Sunrays ($5 cash/$8 credit, all ages)
- Hike to Hole In The Rock, an easy walk/hike with kids
- Most malls have a play area for kids (up to age 8), including PV Mall
- National Geographic’s Kids Club is hosted weekly at many malls in Arizona, and it’s free!
- Take the kids to The Little Gym (first class is free, up to age 12)
- See historic fire trucks at The Hall of Flame Fire Museum
- The Desert Botanical Gardens has kids events every Saturday and Sunday
- Music Together in Phoenix is an early childhood music program for infants, toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergarteners
- There’s a big play area at Desert Ridge’s “ultimate playground” called The Play Factory ($9 for kids, free for adults)
- Castles ‘N Coasters is an old favorite the older kids would enjoy, with roller coasters and more
- For older kids looking for fun, try go-karts at the K1 Race Factory
- Attend a PhxArtKids Days visit at The Phoenix Art Museum
- Check out Tot Town, which is a playgroup open to the community (bi-weekly during the school year, and twice a week during the summer)
- Family friendly bike rides in Phoenix
- Take the kids pony and horseback riding, or go on a wagon adventure!
- Take your children to EC Street Playtown which is a new indoor play area at 19th Ave.
- See a puppet show at the Great Arizona Puppet Theater
- Visit the Idea Museum (formerly the Arizona Museum for Youth) (all ages, $7/person, under 1 free)
- Take your kids to Howie’s Game Shack for computer or XBox gaming!
- Check out the Arizona Museum of Natural History
- Take the kids to Amazing Jake’s Mesa for lots of indoor activities
- Take an all day tubing trip on the Salt River
- Take the kids to Sunsplash for fun in the water!
- Visit the many valley Splashpads, some, like Scottsdale Quarter, Tempe Marketplace and Desert Ridge have shopping in the same complex
- Looking for a park? There are lots! Try Northsight Park in Scottsdale or this list of parks
- AZ Air Time (trampolines) has lots to do for kids of all ages
- Find a miniature golf place!
- Check out Pump It Up in Scottsdale
- Playtime Oasis (in Scottsdale)
- Take your family to Butterfly Wonderland in Scottsdale to see butterflies
- Stop by Make Meaning for some fun craft time (candle, soap making, cake decorating, plaster painting)
- Check out Uptown Alley for bowling, arcades, and food
- Sea Life Arizona is an indoor aquarium located at Arizona Mills Mall in Tempe ($8 to $20)
- Ride the train, merry-go-round, and more at McCormick-Stillman Railroad Park
- Learn about cardiovascular health at The Halle Heart Children’s Museum
- Take in a spring training baseball game at Tempe Diablo baseball stadium
- Go swimming at Big Surf Waterpark!
- The Kiwanis Wave Pool is extremely popular, and is perfect for kids!
- Sign your kids up for the high-school sailing program at Tempe Town Lake
- Check out Main Event! Bowling, laser tag, video games, and food!
- Check out the indoor fun at Pump It Up!
- Take your newborn to 3-year old to Musicology and explore music and rhythm
- Makutu’s Island is a family fun center with a tropical theme and is one of Arizona’s largest indoor play places
- Desert Breeze Park has a train, carousel, play areas, and a lake with ducks… always popular!
- Visit Rawhide Western Town, for a real cowboy experience!
- Go ice skating in Chandler at Ice Den
- Take the kids to Jumpstreet Indoor Trampoline Park in Chandler
- Go horseback riding at the Koli Equestrian Center
- Chandler has its own spring training with the Cactus League Spring Training program
- Check out the Airworx trampoline center
- Hit some baseballs at MVP Zone, a huge indoor training and sports facility
- Take the kids to Xtreme Air Park for some fun on trampolines
- The splash pad under the Gilbert Water Tower is superb
- Visit the PlayGrounds Fun Zone and Cafe in Glendale, AZ
- Check out the Glendale Jumpstreet Indoor Trampoline Park
- Take the kids to Wet ‘N’ Wild Phoenix for a day of fun in the water!
- Take the kids to Estrella Mountain Regional Park for a hike or to visit the Gila River
- BMX or Mountain bike on the pump track at Foothills Community Park
- Take the kids to the playground or splash pad at Goodyear Community Park
- Check out the many activities at the local YMCA
- Jubeelieve Indoor Playland in Avondale is perfect for kids ages 0 to 5
- The new Valley Golf Center is a great place to hit some golf balls
- Visit Friendship Park and play in the playgrounds and pond
- Go bowling at Brunswick in Avondale
- Goldilocks Indoor Play Land is designed for ages 0-6 years that offers open play, dance classes, developmental music classes, art class, story time, birthday parties and more
- Make cookies at The Cookie DoughJo
- Visit the Rio Vista Recreation Center and enjoy the awesome outdoor playground and splash pad
- Check out Sky Zone Trampoline Park in Peoria
- Check out the new Pioneer Community Park splash pad, and they also have a baseball area, pond, and walking trails
- Learn about space at the Challenger Space Center
- Have fun at the Pump It Up location in Peoria
- Kids Alive is the youth musical theater training program at Theater Works
- Check out the old west at Goldfield Ghost Town
We have some more ideas, here. As well as a list of things to do in Tucson. Thanks for visiting our web site! This site is written by a family of four living in Scottsdale. Our two children are 8 months old and 4 years old so we get around and try new things often!