Things to Do in Phoenix With Kids
Here’s our list of things to do with toddlers, and children in Phoenix – written by a mother living in Scottsdale, AZ.
- The Children’s Museum of Phoenix is great fun (all ages, $11/person, under 1 free)
- The Phoenix Zoo is a great place to take the kids in Phoenix (free for kids under 2, and $10/children 3-12, $20/adults)
- Check out Jambo! The Indoor amusement park
- Encanto Park has an Enchanted Island Amusement Park with attractions geared towards 1-10 year olds
- Check local libraries for free music and story time classes
- Check your Barnes and Noble store for free children’s storytime classes (Friday and Saturday mornings)
- Take the kids to Imagination Avenue a 3,500 square foot indoor play activity center ($9/children ages 1-10, adults and under 1 free)
- Go swimming in one of the many public pools in Phoenix
- Enroll in a local Gymboree class to play and learn music, art and sports (all ages, 1st preview class is free)
- Arizona Science Museum (under 2 free, $11/children 3-17, $14/adults)
- Baby Gym class at Arizona Sunrays (free, ages 6-18 months)
- Open Gym at Arizona Sunrays ($5 cash/$8 credit, all ages)
- Hike to Hole In The Rock, an easy walk/hike with kids
- Most malls have a play area for kids (up to age 8), including PV Mall
- National Geographic’s Kids Club is hosted weekly at many malls in Arizona, and it’s free!
- Take the kids to The Little Gym (first class is free, up to age 12)
- See historic fire trucks at The Hall of Flame Fire Museum
- The Desert Botanical Gardens has kids events every Saturday and Sunday
- Music Together in Phoenix is an early childhood music program for infants, toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergarteners
- There’s a big play area at Desert Ridge’s “ultimate playground” called The Play Factory ($9 for kids, free for adults)
- Castles ‘N Coasters is an old favorite the older kids would enjoy, with roller coasters and more
- Take the kids to Wet ‘N’ Wild Phoenix for a day of fun in the water!
- For older kids looking for fun, try go-karts at the K1 Race Factory
- Attend a PhxArtKids Days visit at The Phoenix Art Museum
- Check out Tot Town, which is a playgroup open to the community (bi-weekly during the school year, and twice a week during the summer)
- Hire The Traveling Storytime to visit your home and read stories to a group
- Family friendly bike rides in Phoenix
- Take the kids pony and horseback riding, or go on a wagon adventure!
- Take your children to EC Street Playtown which is a new indoor play area at 19th Ave.
- Visit the Idea Museum (formerly the Arizona Museum for Youth) (all ages, $7/person, under 1 free)
- Take your kids to Howie’s Game Shack for computer or XBox gaming!
- Check out the Arizona Museum of Natural History
- Take the kids to Amazing Jake’s Mesa for lots of indoor activities
- Take an all day tubing trip on the Salt River
- Visit the many valley Splashpads, some, like Scottsdale Quarter, Tempe Marketplace and Desert Ridge have shopping in the same complex
- Looking for a park? There are lots! Try Northsight Park in Scottsdale or this list of parks
- AZ Air Time (trampolines) has lots to do for kids of all ages
- Find a miniature golf place!
- Check out Pump It Up in Scottsdale
- Playtime Oasis (in Scottsdale)
- Take your family to Butterfly Wonderland in Scottsdale
- Sea Life Arizona is an indoor aquarium located at Arizona Mills Mall in Tempe ($8 to $20)
- Ride the train, merry-go-round, and more at McCormick-Stillman Railroad Park
- Learn about cardiovascular health at The Halle Heart Children’s Museum
- Take in a spring training baseball game at Tempe Diablo baseball stadium
- Take your newborn to 3-year old to Musicology and explore music and rhythm
- Makatu’s Island is a family fun center with a tropical theme and is one of Arizona’s largest indoor play places
- Desert Breeze Park has a train, carousel, play areas, and a lake with ducks… always popular!
- Visit Rawhide Western Town, for a real cowboy experience!
- Go ice skating in Chandler at Ice Den
- Take the kids to Jumpstreet Indoor Trampoline Park in Chandler
- Go horseback riding at the Koli Equestrian Center
- Chandler has its own spring training with the Cactus League Spring Training program
- Check out the Airworx trampoline center
- Hit some baseballs at MVP Zone, a huge indoor training and sports facility
- Visit the PlayGrounds Fun Zone and Cafe in Glendale, AZ
- Check out the Glendale Jumpstreet Indoor Trampoline Park
Take the kids to Estrella Mountain Regional Park for a hike or to visit the Gila River
- Jubeelieve Indoor Playland in Avondale is perfect for kids ages 0 to 3
- Make cookies at The Cookie DoughJo
- Visit the Rio Vista Recreation Center and enjoy the awesome outdoor playground and splash pad
We update this list frequently with new ideas as we come across them. Email us if you know of a fun activity we’re missing.